Thank you for submitting an entry to the third annual Wall Fair Idol Contest!
“Idol Show” *(Date and Time subject to change).
- ENTRY FEE: Contestants will be required to pay a $15 entry fee and submit all required entry paperwork.
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: You must complete the entry form and upload your .mp4 video of no longer than one minute and 30 seconds.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must be received by June 14th, 2018.
- SEMI-FINALS: A total of 12 finalists will be selected from all auditions to advance to the “Wall Idol” live finale show. The twelve contestants will be chosen by a panel of judges selected based on submitted video performances. (please bold this line) The 12 semi-finalists chosen to advance to the live show will be notified by June 20th.
- FINAL CONTEST: The “Wall Idol” live show will be held on Thursday June 28th at 6:00pm at the Wall Fair. Judges vote will determine two-four (2-4) finalists who will get to move to the next round of the night and sing their second song. The judges will then deliberate and determine which of those finalist will receive the title “2018 Wall Fair Idol.” All results are final.
- TIME ALLOTTED: The amount of performance time given to each contestant will be three minutes.
- JUDGING: For Preliminaries and Finals: Performers will be awarded 0-25 points in each of the following categories: (1) Marketability; (2) Vocal talent; (3) Originality of performance; (4) Stage presence/charisma.
- TIE: In the event of a tie, the judges will employ the following tie-breaking formula: the highest number of points awarded in the Talent category; second tie-breaker is the highest number of points awarded in the Marketability category; the third tie-breaker shall be by secret vote of the judges based on overall performance style and impact.
- SONG SELECTION: Auditions are song of your choice. The Fair will provide the sound system for Top 12 and on. All contestants will use the sound system provided.
- CONTEST PRIZES: $250 Cash Prize sponsored by Manasquan Music and Dance Academy and the opportunity to sing the National Anthem on the final night of the Wall Fair!
Judge’s decisions are final. Scores may or may not be released to the contestant.
Contestants will be judged on:
- Strength in High and Low Register
- Holding Note When Necessary
- Stage Presence
- Eye Contact
- Facial Expressions
- Body Language
- Connection with Audience
- Entertainment Value
- Song Choice in Relation to Contestant’s Voice
- Memory of Words/Melody
- Interpretation of Music
- Overall Impression
- Is this Person an Opening Act?
CONTEST REQUIREMENTS AND RULES
By participating, contestants agree to be bound by the following rules and guidelines:
- Age should be changed to 18 years or younger.
- Contestants will need to have two songs prepared. One song for the 1st round; a 2nd song for second round final (if chosen).
- Contestants are to provide 2 CDs. One for each song. Your name and song title must be printed on each CD. These are to be submitted with initial registration form.
- This competition is for solo vocalists only. No duets or bands.
- All contestants must sing to professionally recorded tracts. “Lead Vocals” are NOT allowed.
- Contestants will be judged on vocal talent, stage presence, and entertainment appeal.
- Contestants understand this is a FAMILY EVENT and will avoid any obscenities either in music or actions.
- Auditions will be performed in front of a group of judges selected by the Wall Recreation Department.
- All lyrics must be memorized-no props, prompters or note cards may be used.
- Acts may NOT accompany themselves with an acoustic guitar, piano or electric instruments.
- Time limit is 3 minutes.
- All Contestants MUST be on time or you will be penalized or eliminated.
- Personal outfit or clothing: The Wall Fair is a family event. Any profanity or sexually suggestive material on clothing will not be allowed. Inappropriate attire or song lyrics will not be allowed. Judges will have the right to disqualify any Contestant.
- Recorded accompaniment for Finalists: Vocalists must use recorded accompaniment.
- Contestants must be willing to supply legal documentation on the spot to verify age if in question.
- Contestants age 17 and under must have their parent or legal guardian signature along with their signature on the application form.
- Contestants under age 16 must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance with them during elimination round(s) and final(s).
- Contestant shall not be under contract with a talent agent or record label. This includes as an individual or as part of a performing group. The contestant shall not have any professional experience.
- The fair and its judges reserve the right to disqualify any individual from any qualifying round or finals for any reason deemed necessary.
- Contestants and their families are not allowed to have contact with judges prior to or during competition.
- Judges decisions will be without question. FINAL.
- Entry deadline as stated on application will be adhered too. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All contestants give the Wall Fair the unrestricted authorization to use their name, photo, voice recordings, video recordings, entry materials or likeness in promotional materials without further compensation.
- Must supply fair with your contact information. I.e. phone number, e-mail, mailing address and such. Must be willing to be interviewed by media sources.
- No personnel changes or substitutions of performers will be permitted.
- No live vocal backups are permitted. Because backup vocals are so prevalent on pre-recorded accompaniment music, we are permitting backup vocals on pre-recorded music.
- No special lighting, props or special effects may be used.
- All performances must be done in good taste. No music, lyrics or costumes that the Wall Fair considers to be offensive can be used.
- GOOD CHARACTER: The Entrant agrees that he/she may be disqualified immediately from any level of the Wall Fair Idol competition if he/she commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on the Wall Fair or tend to bring it or that party into public disrepute.
Rules may be changed or modified at any time.
- PROMOTIONAL AUTHORIZATION: By submitting an Entry Form, prospective performers grant to the Wall Fair the right to utilize his/her name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media, now known or thereafter developed, without compensation. Entrant also grants the Marshall County Fair the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute his/her name, image, likeness, voice, appearance and/or performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, noncommercial television, closed-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet or any other purpose the Wall Fair, in its sole discretion, may determine. Entrant hereby gives all clearance, copyright, or otherwise, for the use of his/her name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and/or performance embodied in his/her performance/stage presentation. If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By submitting this Entry Form, Entrant assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the Wall Fair Idol competition or any events of the Wall Fair. Entrant agrees not to bring against the Wall Fair, any of their members, volunteers, employees, sponsors or affiliates, any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the Wall Fair events, or in association with the Wall Fair Idol competition.
Wall Idol Judges
Grammy-nominated producer, engineer, mixer and musician, Steve Greenwell has contributed his skills to over 11 million units in worldwide sales for artists Joss Stone, Diane Birch, Andy Grammer and James Maddock. He has also played a pivotal role in the recording of such diverse talents as Ultraviolet Sound, Susan Cagle, Arrested Development and Disney.
Steve started his recording career as an assistant at Chung King Studios, the 90’s Mecca for east coast Hip-Hop, where he worked with R&B heavyweights Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, Run-DMC and Marly Marl. Steve has since gone on to record and mix records with industry legends Ernie Isley, Jeff Beck, Seal, Steve Cropper, Betty Wright, Nile Rodgers and AMNESTY International, among others. This rich and broad tapestry of experience gives him a truly unique perspective.
As a performer, multi-instrumentalist Steve shared the stage with the likes of the Ramones, Berlin & Modern English and has contributed to Joss Stone’s The Soul Sessionsand Mind Body and Soul albums. Steve also played Bass and Keyboards on the very first Jonas Brother’s recording It’s About Time.